Why is it vital to clean my chain before applying this lube the 1st time?
- Biomaxa goes on as a liquid and sets into a waxy state.
- On first use it is best to apply to a clean chain. (Shake bottle well before use)
- If your drivetrain is dirty, the muck will mix with the lube and set into a nasty wax that is extremely difficult to remove. Dirt in the drive train increases wear and it won’t run as smoothly as a well cleaned, well lubed setup.
- Apply the night before so the oil penetrates the links, wipe off excess and let it set into a waxy state.
Tell me more about this chain lube.
- Lanolin is a wax which is extracted from shorn sheep’s wool in a process called scouring. Its natural qualities are ideal for lubrication, water repulsion, and it penetrates easily into the chain providing long lasting performance.
- Biomaxa is Non Flammable.
- The multi-purpose cap design combines a precision nozzle with a chain guide cap. Wastage is minimised, giving you more value for money.
- The flat bottle’s compact size means it can easily be carried conveniently in a backpack pocket.
- Biomaxa is New Zealand made. All Lanolin used in this product is sourced from NZ by local wool scouring companies.
- Not only is the product inside biodegradable, sustainable and naturally sourced, every part of the bottle can also be recycled.
- Biomaxa is predominantly lanolin but contains some plant and mineral oil additives to make it suitable for mechanical lubrication purposes. Normal contact is not harmful, but prolonged skin contact may cause irritation. Wash with soap and water.
- The lanolin formulation is safe on all materials including carbon. Biomaxa won’t attack or degrade any of your bike parts.